Friday, June 14, 2013

Tantrum Tornado

Dear Aidan,

I love you so much. This is a phase. We will get through this. You're only little for a little while.

This is my mantra right now while we try to get past these awful Terrible Twos. Daddy and I are learning so much patience because of you, and I only hope that you're learning that when we say no or tell you not to do something that we do still love you, we just don't want you to get hurt or hopped up on sugar or use those naughty words that someone shouldn't have taught you in the first place.

Also, could you please stop freaking out every time I try to wash your hair? I don't want you to be the smelly kid with the gross hair. I know it doesn't feel good when the shampoo gets in your eyes. that's why I ask you to look up or close your eyes, but you do it even when it's just water. You don't seem to mind when you've dumped the water on your own head, so why is it different when I do it? I guess I should just be grateful that you're taking baths again instead of those three minute speed baths when you'd just stand there and scream.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment